Summary Countries will finally be able to defend themselves in a more meaningful way, he added.
(Web Desk) - US President Donald Trump welcomed the recently signed joint defence agreement between Saudi Arabia, Turkiye and Pakistan, describing it as a major step toward greater regional security cooperation.
“THIS IS A BIG, BOLD, AND IMPORTANT FIRST STEP — WOW!” Trump wrote on Truth Social.
“It shows how the Middle East is coming together, and how Countries will finally be able to defend themselves in a more meaningful way,” he added.
“Very happy to see that Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Pakistan have recently, and finally, signed the Mecca Joint Defence Agreement,” Trump wrote on social media.
Saudi Arabia, Turkiye and Pakistan have signed the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement, committing the three countries to enhance collective security, strengthen defence cooperation and promote peace and stability in the region and beyond.
The agreement was signed during the Makkah Al-Mukarramah Summit for Joint Defence, held at Al-Safa Palace in Makkah on August 7, 2026, following a visit by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at the invitation of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, President Erdogan and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif signed the agreement, which reflects the three countries’ “shared commitment to further strengthening their collective security and to promoting peace, security, and stability in the region and beyond.”

PACT IS ENTIRELY DEFENSIVE, AIMED AT REGIONAL PEACE
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has said the recently signed Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkiye is entirely defensive in nature and is aimed at promoting peace, stability and prosperity in the region.
Addressing the federal cabinet, PM Shehbaz recalled that he, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan signed the trilateral agreement in Makkah on August 7.
The prime minister stressed that the agreement was not intended for aggression against any country. “Its purpose is definitely not that any aggression occurs. It is entirely for defensive purposes, for peace, tranquillity and progress in the region,” he said.
PM Shehbaz said the agreement would serve as a source of strength not only for Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkiye but for the entire Muslim world. He particularly congratulated Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar and Chief of Defence Forces Field Marshal Asim Munir on the signing of the pact.
The prime minister said efforts for the trilateral defence agreement had been underway for many years and finally materialised in Makkah. He noted that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia had already signed a Strategic Mutual Defence Agreement in September 2025, while Pakistan and Turkiye had maintained defence and security arrangements for decades.
